Jen and my due dates are on the same day. Guess who is having twins!!!!!!!!!!
One of the handmade quilts I got!My first shower was this past Wednesday night. It was given by my co-workers and it was just a great time. I got wonderful gifts. some of my favorites include 5 handmade blankets. I have some very talented and gracious co-workers. I got a tons of things and the poor little Pruis didn't have room for it all. Luckily, one of the girls lives 3 minutes away and took a couple things home for me. We finally have some clothes to put on the babies to take them home and we definitely have enough blankets to go around too. Tim couldn't believe all the gifts we received as he was taking it all out of the car. "Do babies really need this much stuff," was his reply. Well as much as I believe they don't, it is amazing all the little things they do need to make our lives easier! I really am blessed to have such wonderful co-workers. They are like family to me!
I had an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday and all is well. They are always such short visits, but I guess that means the babies are doing good and do not need the doctor's assistance! The heart rates were good and I have an ultrasound next week. We talked about work and I decided to do one more week working on the floor as staff nurse and then I am going to change gears and do paperwork and tasks for my manager. I was having quite a few Braxton Hick's contraction last week and I felt I needed to slow down. My doctor is impressed anyways that I have worked in the ICU till 32 weeks with twins. I want to keep these babies inside as long as possible, so that means their mama has to learn to take it easy!
Otherwise life is pretty normal around here. Tim has been working with Eric on a project and he got a call from a company who is interested in talking with him about doing some projects for them. Yeah!!!!!!! We are excited that some of my extended family and my parents might be coming out for a wedding on the weekend of Thanksgiving. It has been hard for me not to be able to go home to Minnesota for the holidays and so I am so excited that some of them might be coming out. We plan to have a huge slumber party at our house.

2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I could have been there:) You are definitely bigger than your co-worker:)
Hi Alissa,
I have been enjoying your bog so much! So glad to hear all is well. Be careful what you wish for - you might get a houseful at Thanksgiving! But no work for you - no food, cleaning, of even entertaining. Eager just to see you!
Aunt Lori
Post a Comment