

OK....who would like to compete with this belly. I almost didn't want to share these 36 week photos with you, but I know Laura and Tricia are wanting to know how big I am getting. I am definitely starting to drop and most of my maternity shirts hardly go over the lower part of my belly. Tim continues to remind me how beautiful this time is and I remind him that his abdomen has relatively stayed the same size! Of course, I would get any size for my babies so I guess me getting bigger also means they are getting bigger and that is the main goal. I had a doctor appointment on Friday and I am 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced so things have started. My doctor has taken me off work and says I should prepare for their arrival at any time. This announcement left my lying awake that night from 4am to 5:30am. I think I had a reality check and had tons of things floating around in my mind....from the realities of every 2 hour feedings and diaper changes and then also the exhaustion that everyone endures. Luckily Tim was able
to keep sleeping......does this reflect what he will be able to do when they cry at night too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I am trying to get things accomplished at home and enjoy these last weeks of quiet and "my" time. It has been funny calling people because they all wonder if we are calling them to give them the new "news". We truly are so excited and cannot wait for their little arrivals. The doctor thought that Baby B's head was up due to where she heard the heartbeat, so we still do not know how we will be delivering them. We covet your prayers in these last days or weeks and will make sure phone calls or emails get out quickly after their arrival!
5 comments:
The kids and I were looking at your pictures and the boys said, "Woe, Big Belly!, How did she do that?" and Kylie just said, "Big belly" Then Bennet asked if we could look at your belly some more:) and Caleb said it could pop any time:) It looks FANTASTIC--no abnormal shapes like mine:) We also love the nursery--it looks very cute. When Kylie saw the socks drying rack, she pointed to it and said, "bounce." she thinks its a trampoline. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEWS!!!
I would say there are some people out there that could beat that belly Alissa. I am impressed I think you are looking really good! It looks like you are about set with getting the nursery ready and the clothes, the nursery looks great! It was good to hear that all is going well today when Darin talked to you and that the process has started, those two might be coming anytime and we can't wait!!!!! Make sure you are resting up you will need it!
You look FANTASTIC! Stay strong, you've come so far already. We're just anxiously waiting...........
The Smith's
Cousins Heidi, Abby and Ashley are amazed at the belly! We are so excited to see those babies and are totally amazed at how well you are doing at 36 weeks.
Alissa,
That is an impressive belly. I'm pretty sure I couldn't beat that-even when I was a week overdue--but then again, I only had one in there at a time. Your mom was telling me about your great picture at school today (I was a substitute for the 7th and 8th graders this morning) and so I thought I better check it out. We are so excited for you and can't wait to hear what you have! We pray everything goes well for you! Oh, life is going to change. . .
Post a Comment