




Here are the latest updates of Ella and Nathan. They continue to be very content babies. Only crying when the necessities of their lives are not being met.......feeding, changing, burping, and rocking. Grandma Beckering has been a huge help and I know it is going to be hard to see her leave. She probably is feeling the same way. We had some unexpected sad news this past Sunday. My Grandma Sophie (my dad's mom) passed away. We know she is in a better place and all her earthly sufferings have ceased, but we will still miss her. My dad ended up flying home and is coming back this coming Sunday. My parents are spending the next week with us too. It has been so nice to have help with making meals, cleaning, and of course helping with the twins. My dad is also enjoying helping Tim finish up the pole barn by Eric. We are starting to get into a slight routine. They are eating about every 3 hours and each feeding can take around an hour. We plan to get them weighed on Saturday and as good as they seem to be eating, I cannot imagine they are not gaining weight! The nights have not been too bad. We have had two rough nights. They tend to have some of their wake time around 12am -1am and one morning, Nathan decided to stay awake till the 2:30am feeding. By the time I fed him put him down, it was Ella's turn. I think I got to bed for the first time around 4am. Oh well, luckily that has only happened once. I do enjoy seeing them awake and alert, but wish it was 12pm! We had our first outing to Grandpa and Grandma Stuive on New Year's day. We had a great meal and I think Ella and Nathan enjoyed themselves too. Our New Year's was pretty quiet. We did manage to stay up till 12, but instead of partying, we were nursing. Oh how our world has changed. I still look in awe everyday at them and cannot believe the incredible gifts God has given us.

5 comments:
Tim & Alissa,
Kristen passed your website along to me. Congratulations, we are so happy for you, and what a couple of precious children you have there, they are so cute. Hope all is going well for you, take care and enjoy the moments.
Rog & Eva Koetje
Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you Alissa. Not too many rough nights which is good. I love seeing them in their cute little outfits and them lying right next to each other. I would definately say that Ella looks more like your side, and Nathan like Tim's but all that can change. Can't wait to see them and hold them, so in the mean time keep the pictures coming. We will talk to you sometime next week. Take care!
Tim and alissa, Little Nathan and Ella are adorable, we wish we could hold them !! Tim, we were relieved to see their little fingers and toes were keeping warm, all bundled up !!! Love, you all, Curt, Beth, Kelsey and Kara
Congratulations Tim and Alissa! What beautiful, perfect little babies you have been blessed with. I'm glad to read that things are going pretty well. I'm sure it is a huge help to have your parents there and it will be hard to see them go home, but hopefully you'll be even more set into a routine by then! Take care!!! Paula Kester
They look like they are filling out! We will be so excited to see them again in the spring:) I am glad things are getting more routine--hopefully they keep getting better and better and no more of those bad nights. . .We miss you!
Post a Comment