Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Random moments with the twins

This is what is looks like when we have a busy day and don't get to the cloth diapers!

Hi Ella, "bright eyes!"


Becca one of our #1 babysitters

Annette our other #1 babysitter

Mom and Ella

Look how Nathan likes to lie on Ella

This is mom's attempt at getting Nathan's smile on camera

Look at those blue eyes!

Ella looks bigger than Nathan

Tim's small group guys came to visit
Aaron and Ella and Nathan and Mike

This is how we survive in the evenings when dad is gone!


Look how they find each other in their sleep-we had them
separated to begin with.


Nathan asleep


Nathan awake....Laura does this outfit look familiar!


Nathan relaxing in his car seat


Nathan froggy and Ella ducky


More bonding in bed...how sweet!


Megan and Ashley are great babysitters
Here is a recap on the happenings at the Stuive's. We are all recovering from our colds. Ella and Nathan are still congested in the mornings and occasionally at night. I think we have spent several early mornings (3 or 4 am) in the a hot shower trying to declog their noses. They still sneeze now and then, but they are not as snotty as before. We cannot wait till they are completely done with their colds because we think they will sleep longer at night. Right now they go anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time. We would love a consistent 4-5 hours out of both of them, especially since I will be going back to work (night shift) soon and daddy will have them by himself. They are getting bigger. At their 2 month appointment, Ella weighed 11lbs and 10 oz and Nathan weighed 11lbs and 2 oz. Ella has a little over Nathan and you can definitely see it in her cute chubby thighs and butt! They are really hamming it up with smiles and cooing. They know mamma's voice (to my absolute delight) and get all excited when I talk to them-----maybe it is because they know they can get the good stuff from me! This past Saturday night 2 friends from our couple's small group came and babysat for us. Tim and I walked around the mall a little and then went out to eat. It was great to get away, just the 2 of us. Tim's parents left for Florida this past week and so we will be missing them until April. Tim's mom is worried they're going to grow up too fast while she is gone. I said this is how my mom feels all the time! Good thing for blogs right!!!!! We are so anticipating good weather so we can get outside. I feel cooped up with this weather and cannot wait to try out our new jogger stroller. Which also means I will have to try get back in shape to run again. Otherwise life is pretty much the same. I start back to work on March 18. I am really not looking forward to leaving my babies, but I feel better knowing Tim will be taking care of them and not a stranger. Please pray that this transition goes well, not only for me, but also for Tim.




















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...they're SO big..and SO cute!! One of these days Jamie and I will make it out to you guys! This is a bad week as I'm working very long days and Jamie has a touch of a cold! We'll be in touch!!

Cara

The Beckering clan said...

They just look bigger and bigger! Hope the cold goes away soon!!! I love the outfit:)
Blessings, Laura

Rebecca said...

Great pictures! I can't believe I haven't seen them or you in a long time. Hopefully something works out soon.

The Schuiteman's said...

Oh Alissa, I could just let Nathan sleep on my shoulder all day today! Those two are so sweet, PS I figured it out and its go time! He-He

Laura K. said...

I just LOVE this pictures of these two sleeping together, that is so very sweet. What a bond they have :) Can't wait to see you all again at our playgroup time... or before. Winter seems to put miles between our houses! (Laura K.)