Thursday, March 25, 2010

Updates for March

I thought I finally better get a picture of my belly. I am 21 weeks here.

Dad and the twins watching Thomas the train on the computer.

Making mud pies

Hard at work collecting dirt and water, the two ingredients for mud pies!


Well, it has been awhile since I have actually written some updates. We have some exciting news around here. We have an accepted offer on a house. We are feeling pretty surreal about the whole thing. It is located about 5 minutes from where we live now and we will have a Jenison address. We hope to close sometime in April and then start painting. It will be nice to paint and move things in gradually. Nathan and Ella are making some progress in the potty training area. If I keep them on a hour or more potty time schedule then they do not have accidents. We even managed a play date with underwear on. They have yet to tell me they have to go, but tonight Nathan said, "pee" and I thought he had gone already, but when I checked he was a drop wet in his underwear and so we got on the potty and he went right away. So hopefully it is starting to become second nature. Nathan even went number 2 last night on the potty. We have a ways to go, but it is nice to see some progress.
I am in my 22 week and feeling good. Definitely am popping out, but was reassured by my OB doctor that I am not going to have a 12 lb baby, but just have weakened stomach muscles. Yeah.......that is reassuring right!!!!!!
If you didn't already know, Tim broke a bone in his hand a couple weeks ago. He was up north and was sliding down an ice hill and much have jammed his hand on a rock or dirt on the way down. He had to have 2 screws put in. Luckily he is healing with little problems. I told him he didn't need to do annual accident (last March it was his Achilles tendon rupture).


2 comments:

Laura K. said...

Alissa, you look great!! No worries! :)
I didn't know Tim broke his hand/wrist, yikes... yeah, that is too bad he made it an annual event! We'll start prayers the first of march next year, ha ha ;)

Congrats on the house! Can't wait to see it. Glad you guys will be able to settle into your OWN place. That is super news. Take care ~

Kimberly said...

Lots of hoorays! Hooray for new houses! Hooray for bellies! Hooray for using the potty! Hooray for injuries - uh, wait, that's not right. Um, hooray that it was only a limb and not his head!

(Sorry, that's not very convincing. Hope he heals quickly.)

Congratulations.