Sunday, July 11, 2010

Too many updates to count

Helping dad fix the underground sprinkling

Nathan waiting in the shade for the parade to start!

Ella's new way of wearing dresses. Rolling them up so everyone can see her underwear!


It was extremely hot at the 4th of July parade, but the kids still had fun getting candy and watching the firetrucks go by!


"It's coming mommy!"

36 weeks and counting

Going to the park with friends after a hot day outside!

We love to play in the back of Grandpa Stuive's truck

Wonderful day at Tunnel Park in Holland!

They love the water!


Cooling off in our pool at home.

Glimpse of our kitchen/dining area

Our living room




You were probably wondering if I quit blogging, but honestly I have been trying to get updated for a couple weeks now, but the summer keeps you busy without much blogging time! We officially moved into our new home on June 12. It was quite a move and I told Tim we are not doing this again anytime soon! We now are basically unpacked with most things. We have a still have a bit to unpack and organize in the basement and Tim has slowly been organizing the garage (we are happy to have our cars in the garage!!!!). It feels like home. The kids keep referring to it as the new home and sometimes ask when they are going back to their old home. They see the old home when Tim drops them of to daycare! Ella and Nathan have adjusted well...thankfully. I thought they wouldn't sleep well, but they did great. They love being able to ride their bikes on the sidewalk and still talk about going to their "new" park everyday! They got bigger bikes with training wheels and think their pretty cool stuff. They continue to grow up fast. Ella is still a huge talker and her latest stories are about "woodchuck monsters" and how they can be mean or nice and if she can pet them or not. She also likes to sit by you with a book and say, "Mom, I hold it and read it and you talk about it!" Nathan has had a recent obsession with "pooppaste", otherwise known as toothpaste! He likes to hold his toothbrush and toothpaste where ever he goes. His favorite saying is, "what's that noise mom" and "where's daddy going?" After telling them every morning that daddy is at work, they replay, "daddy at work making champers (engineering term) and money!!!!" I tell them that is true! They still refuse to go # 2 on the potty and I have settled for at least having them go in their diapers (or "biapers" as Nathan calls them). They want fishing poles and we told them they could have a blue and a pink pole if they go # 2 on the potty, but I guess that reward is still not enough! I am 37 weeks and counting. My due date is July 26th. I would love to go a little sooner due to this heat and feeling like everything is a lot of work, but I guess it is not my say! I still am working 2, 12 hour shifts. They can be long days, but now I am hoping they'll help induce labor!!!!!!!! My parents hope to come up when the baby is born, so it will be nice to have them to help and see the new house. Our latest addition to the family as of yesterday was a van!!!!!!!!! Of course we (at least I knew) couldn't fit 3 car seats in the Pruis. We love craigslist and found a Honda Odyssey for a good price. It includes a built in DVD, which will come in very handy for the rides back to Minnesota. Ella and Nathan could play in it all day if we would let them. Well those are the latest updates and I hope to keep up blogging a little better. Soon we'll have some big news to post!








1 comment:

The Beckering clan said...

So good to see your updates! You look so good at 37 weeks! Seems like the baby is low. . .hoping for soon for you:) Congrats on the van:) It had to come! Can't wait for the big news!!