The 7 Beckering Grandchildren
Ella and Nathan liked to be outside on the farm
Happy Father's Day Dan
Grandma got pretty attached to the babies while she was here
Nathan relaxing after his first dip in the pool
Ella fell asleep when we got there and so she didn't get to try the pool
Caleb, Bennet, and Kylie loved the water
Could you babysit all three cousin Kara?
Brayden is tired and loves to rub his mom's ear!
Kylie always has cute smiles for the camera
I think this is Bennet holding Nathan...am I right Laura?
Grandpa loved having all the grandkids home!
We even got to see cousin Trevor!
Grandpa and Grandma V.D. holding Breanna
The girl cousins...Ella, Kylie, & BreannaBoy, it has been awhile since I have written anything. Tim has needed the computer at his work and so I haven't been able to use it during the day to blog. This has been my first opportunity at night to get pictures downloaded from the camera and then uploaded to the blog. Where to begin. We got back last week from our trip home to Minnesota. On the way there, we managed to get the babies, my mom, us, our luggage and other stuff all into the Pruis, with room to spare. The trip went really well. We drove through the night and the babies slept most of the way. Tim and my dad left the next day for Minneapolis to pick up my brothers and then head up to Canada to go fishing. Laura and Tricia and the kids came down and stayed at my mom's for a couple nights. It was great to have all the cousins reunite. Occasionally there were some chaotic moments, but wouldn't there be with tw0 4 year olds two, 2 year olds, and three 5-6 month olds!!!! We went swimming, went to the park, played on the farm, got to see many cousins, aunts, and uncles, and more. The guys came home on Sunday night very tired, but had had a good time fishing. Ella stared running a slight temp on Sunday afternoon which made me worried that she had an ear infection. Nathan also started having a runny nose. Needless to say, this did not make our trip home to fun. We had to stop often due to crying and then when they finally went to sleep and we could drive for longer periods of time, we got tired. Towards the end of the trip, I would keep bugging Tim to make sure he was staying awake. We probably were illegally driving for as tired as we were. It was good to be home, but I right away, I missed having my mom here. I was going to have to relearn how to take care of them by myself again.
Ella continued to have a fever and was more fussy. I took her in last Wednesday and thankfully she did not have an ear infection. Probably something viral. They both have runny nosed yet, but all the fevers are gone.
Things are back to normal. Tim has been busy on another contract engineering project and I am still putting my 20 hours at work. Nathan and Ella are 6 months as of today! They love to get up on all fours and rock. They can get around by army crawling or moving in circles. They are getting better at eating and love to grab for our food too. Nathan is convinced that he can drink out of a big glass and gets angry if he cannot have it. The cutes thing is when they are playing together and make each other giggle. One will start laughing and then the other one giggles and so on. I haven't been able to get it on video, but when I do, I will post it. We have been also trying to get the babies in the habit of going to sleep in their beds without us rocking them to sleep. This means we are letting them cry it out. I am convinced it is more horrible for the mother than the babies. I try to busy myself with something. Thankfully they haven't gone too much longer than 40 minutes. They have been sleeping longer through the night so I guess it is worth. It just breaks my heart to hear them cry, but I know it also breaks my back to hold them forever while they try fall asleep. We are looking forward to have Darin and Tricia come out to visit us over the 4th of July. We'll have to take Brayden to see Lake Michigan and show them around Holland and Grand Rapids. Well that's all I have for now.

2 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful time back home.The kids are getting sooo BIG! I was glad to see an update on you guys. Glad you made it home safe.
We are finally making it up north on the weekends and having a great time there. Take care and talk soon!
Great pics! Sounds like a good trip. In regards to putting the babies down to sleep in their cribs...I was just telling my friend that getting Caleb to fall asleep on his own was one of the hardest, but best things I've ever done as a mother. It makes for a few painful evenings, but many pleasant ones later!
Hope we can catch up with you all soon!
Post a Comment